Frequently Asked Questions
Game Show RULES
Big Time LIVE! Online interactive game show rules (the “Game Show”)
This game show is only open to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the province of Saskatchewan.
No purchase necessary. See below for full contest details. Participation in this game show constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these game show rules (the “Game Show Rules”.
Game Show Period
1) Big Time LIVE! begins new episodes on Wednesday nights at 8:30 p.m. Central Standard Time and ends at 9:30 p.m. on the same day the show originally airs (the “Game Show Period”)
2) The game show is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees of Big Time Gameshows (the “Big Time Gameshows”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies, game show judges and any and all sponsors of the game show.
How To Enter
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To be able eligible to win a prize you must:
a. Have a valid Facebook account (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.Facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook account.
b. Become a follower (a “Follower”) of the official @BigTimeGameshows channel (the “Channel”).
c. During the Game Show Period, Contestant will type the answers into the comment section of the live feed found directly on The Channel. Correct answers must be submitted prior to each question timer expiring. Big Time Gameshows cannot guarantee that your answer was submitted before the timer expires due to lag time of live stream.
d. Comply with Facebook Terms of Service and Facebook Rules available at www.Facebook.com
4) Winners from each Game Show Period are based on how many correct answers are submitted and recorded during the live Game Show Period and are calculated by third party Live Reaction software. Big Time Gameshows claims no responsibility of determining if Contestants submit correct answers or if Contestants submit answers within the allotted time for each question. Big Time Gameshows claims no responsibility with calculation of correct answers done by third party Live Reaction software. Top winners are not permitted to claim any prizes the next episode / game show.
5) Once a winning Contestant is declared, they will be contacted by private message on Facebook Messenger and notified that they are eligible to claim a prize. The winning Contestant must reply within one (1) business day of notification and provide Big Time Gameshows with a contact phone number. Contestants will be directed to complete prize claim form found on website www.BigTimeGameshows.com. Big Time Gameshows will then direct message the Contestant, and the Contestant will be required to verify within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the game show rules;
b. releases Big Time Gameshows, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the game show judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contestant, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to Big Time Gameshows the right to use the selected Contestant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the game show without further notice or compensation.
If a winning contestant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within (1) calendar days of Game Show Period or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to complete and submit the prize claim form within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and Big Time Gameshows reserves the right to select an alternate contestant from among the remaining eligible contestants.
6) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Big Time Gameshows’ option. Big Time Gameshows reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in Big Time Gameshows’ discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
7) By entering the Game Show, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Game Show is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Big Time Gameshows with respect to all aspects of this Game Show are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
8) Big Time Gameshows reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Game Show in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Big Time Gameshows that interferes with the proper conduct of this Game Show as contemplated by these Game Show Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Game Show is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Big Time Gameshows reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9) All Contestants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Big Time Gameshows reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to - 4 – Big Time Gameshows – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Game Show; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Game Show; and/or (iii) for any other reason Big Time Gameshows deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Game Show in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Big Time Gameshows in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Big Time Gameshows. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Game Show will be the third party software.
10) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Game Show, or any other methods not authorized by these Game Show Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Big Time Gameshows. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Big Time Gameshows upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
11) Without limitation, Big Time Gameshows, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Game Show judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Game Show; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by Big Time Gameshows, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Game Show judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, Big Time Gameshows, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Game Show judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Game Show.
12) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Game Show will be the - 5 – Game Show server machine(s).
19) Game Show is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook. Any questions or comments regarding the Game Show should be directed to Big Time Gameshows, not Facebook.